If you are going on vacation and want to make sure your work is properly covered, there are a few things that are expected of you:
- Out-of-office message: Set up an automatic reply for your e-mail account. Include the dates you will be absent and indicate the person who can be contacted for urgent matters during your absence. Be sure to indicate when you will be available again.
- How https://support.microsoft.com/nl-nl/office/automatisch-afw ezigheidsberichten-versturen-vanuit-outlook-9742f476-5348-4f9f-997f-5e208513bd67
- Transfer your phone: If you have a company phone, transfer it to the general phone number: 03 250 12 23. This allows customers or colleagues to still reach you, but they are redirected to the right person during your absence.
- Inform colleagues: Let your immediate colleagues know about your absence and give them relevant information they need to take over your duties or responsibilities during your vacation. Make sure they are aware of important deadlines or ongoing projects.
- Delegate tasks: If possible, assign tasks to colleagues before you leave. Discuss with them what responsibilities they can take on during your absence so that work can continue smoothly.
- Make a checklist: Make a list of important tasks that must be completed before you leave. Make sure you check off everything before you go on vacation so you can relax with peace of mind.
Remember, it is important to plan well in advance and notify your colleagues and clients of your absence. That way, they can take the necessary measures and you and your team can enjoy your vacation without interruptions. Have fun on your trip!
Who is the point of contact in case of a colleague’s vacation?
= To whom do I transfer my ongoing business?
|This colleague is going on vacation||This colleague takes over|
|Geert (West Flanders)||Natacha|
|Natacha (Sales lead)||Caroline|
|Bart (Debtors)||Natacha (answering most urgently)|